Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 23, 2007

problem setting up gateway/router with iptables

configuration:
Etch amd64 with iptables & dhcp3-relay installed
Linksys router with DHCP server functioning
firewall script in /etc/init.d

goal:
Debian machine routes DHCP, DNS & Internet packets to Windows machine(s)
while providing port & packet filtering

situation:
Windows machine does not receive any packets back when attempting to
renew/establish IP address, My iptables script looks right to me, so I
think my problem is with dhcp3-relay. I haven't found much documentation
on this package, and not sure how to start/configure this service. Thanks
in advance.


--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-firewall-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org

No comments: