Search This Blog

Saturday, January 31, 2009

Re: portmap by default (Re: my debian does not read my own iptables script)



>These remind me of a question I forgot to ask somewhere else: why is portmap installed (and enabled!) by default? I just installled a >fresh lenny, with the web server task, and portmap was installed and enabled by default. I believe nfs-common was also pulled together, >and none was called for during the install procedure. IMHO it's a very dangerous default.
regards
FF

Felipe and Group,
I am inclined to agree with you from what I have been able to locate online pertaining to portmap and nfs-common. Quick question regarding that statement. Does anyone have a link or site recommendation regarding Securing a Debian or Debian-based distro (namely Ubuntu)!


--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-firewall-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org


No comments: